Taping & Reeling
Tape & reel services encompass repacking product from trays and tubes onto reels as well as unreeling product and repacking it onto trays or tubes. These services are available as add-on to programming orders, but also as stand-alone services.
Depending on the device type, Avnet Logistics uses fully automated or manual tape equipment. Fine-pitch components are handled by pick and place systems with automated optical measurement.
To ensure highest possible quality, state of the art 3D optical inspection systems are employed to measure the lead integrity and lead co-planarity.
All materials and processes are in accordance with the EIA481D standard.
On request, full peel-force test documentation is on-hand with every tape as well as Certificates of Compliance (CoC) for every tape material in use.
Tape & Reel Equipment
- 1 Systemation ST495 media transfer systems with 3D lead inspection
- 3 Systemation ST595-2 media transfer systems with 3D lead inspection and BGA inspection module
- 1 Systemation ST60 automatic taping system including lead inspection
- 1 Systemation ST60 automatic taping system
- 3 Systemation MT30 semiautomatic taping systems
- Various machines for manual feeding
- 1 VTEK TM4400 automatic taping system
- 1 VTEK TM5100 automatic taping system
- 1 VTEK TM5100 media transfer systems with 3D lead inspection & BGA inspection module
Optional 3D lead inspection / QA-Inspection
- Gull wing leads, J-leads, (µ)BGA packages
- 1 ICOS CI3050 automated tray to tray 3D lead inspection
- 1 ICOS CI5250 automated tray to tray 3D lead inspection
- 1 Pentamaster PM40PS automated post seal lead inspection of taped devices
- Test equipment including peel strength analyzers
- Peel Strength Analysis
- Dry Backing
- Burn-In Test
- Nitrogen Flooding
- Tape Through Inspection